Montserrat conditions of use
To travel, you must purchase and validate a ticket before boarding the rack railway or funiculars or accessing the designated areas. It must be kept until the departure of the destination station.
The passenger has the obligation to find out the characteristics of the ticket before purchasing it. You can do this in the display cases and in the vending machines.
The ticket is invalid if altered and/or tampered with. In addition, if applicable, it must be accompanied by an identification card.
On the Montserrat rack railway, the return ticket is valid for the specified journey and for one week from its validation.
All unused tickets are valid until there is a change of fare. FGC will not return or exchange them.
On Montserrat funiculars, tickets are valid for one day from the time they are issued.
Possession of a valid ticket guarantees the provision of transport, but not the occupation of a seat inside the rack railway or funiculars.
Seats reserved for specific groups must be respected and assigned, if applicable.
It is not possible to travel sitting on the platforms of the Montserrat rack railway and funiculars.
Children under the age of three can travel for free if they do not occupy a seat.
Due to the ban on cycling on the paths of the Montserrat Natural Park, access to the funicular with is not allowed
You can travel with pets for free. To access the FGC premises, dogs must be tied with a leash and must carry a muzzle. Small animals must travel in baskets or cages. In no case may they occupy a seat. Children under the age of 16 may not carry dogs considered potentially dangerous by law.
- Smoking on the rack railway, on the funiculars and in all FGC facilities, both open and closed.
- Circulate with personal mobility vehicles such as bicycles, electric scooters, skates or the like in the indoor areas, the halls and the platforms. Tie them to trees, signs, benches and other items of furniture or in places reserved for people with reduced mobility.
- Using emergency and help points installed next to ticket machines or platforms, emergency stop systems of escalators and elevators and alarm devices on trains or prevent its legitimate use.
- Entering or exiting the train after the acoustic signal has sounded and entering driving cabins or facilities reserved for the exclusive use of authorized personnel. Go down the tracks or enter the tunnels. Preventing or forcing the opening or closing of access doors to trains.
- Introduce objects or materials that may be dangerous or annoying for users. Carry out activities or actions that may annoy users, alter public order or disrupt the service.
- Maintain behavior that involves danger to one's own physical integrity, to that of other users and employees or to the safety of the rack, funiculars and facilities and take actions that damage or dirty the trains or facilities.
- Throwing or depositing objects in plain sight or in its vicinity.
- Distribute propaganda, put up posters, beg, organize raffles or games of chance, sell or offer goods or services or do any kind of artistic activity on the trains and facilities, without the authorization of the company, such as use musical instruments, etc.
- Consuming alcoholic beverages (except in authorized establishments) and toxic substances, throughout the FGC area.
- Electric scooters and unicycles are temporarily prohibited from traveling on FGC transportation services. The ban will take effect from February 1, 2023 and until further notice. Failure to comply with this prohibition would be sanctioned with a fine of 200 euros.
- In accordance with Law 4/2006, of March 31, railways, the breach of these prohibitions constitutes an infringement which, if it is classified as minor, can be sanctioned with a fine of up to €6,000, if it is considered serious , up to €30,000, and if it is very serious, up to €300,000.
The minimum charge for misuse of the service is:
Immediate payment of the minimum charge has a 50% discount
The traveler is considered to be misusing the service when:
- The ticket has not been validated before traveling or accessing the delimited venues.
- The ticket is not available or the passenger cannot show it when requested.
- The ticket has expired.
- This is a reduced ticket and the passenger cannot prove the right to obtain it.
- This is a personalized ticket and is not owned by you.
- The ticket is used outside the corresponding fare zone.
- You are traveling with an invalid ticket.
In accordance with Law 7/2004, of 16 July, on fiscal and administrative measures, in relation to Law 4/2006, of 31 March, on railways, failure to pay the minimum fee may constitute an infraction that can be sanctioned. with a fine of up to € 6,000.
If the user does not make an immediate payment of the minimum charge, they must identify themselves to manage the collection; if he refuses, the assistance of security personnel or law enforcement officers will be sought.