Discover Gaudí's modernism through extravagant gardens
The Artigas Gardens are beautiful gardens where all its nooks and crannies will amaze you. This unique space was designed by Antoni Gaudí, the greatest representative of Catalan modernism, at the beginning of the 20th century.
A work built in gratitude to the Artigas family who housed him in his house while he was working on the construction of the Xalet del Catllaràs, which was a residential space for the workers and engineers of the mines that extracted coal for the factory of Asland cement.
On this visit, you can discover:
- A space where nature and architecture merge in perfect harmony
- The relationship between Antoni Gaudí and the Berguedà, and how the most renowned architect in the world came to La Pobla de Lillet
- Gaudí’s well-known trencadís or catenary arch
- Characteristic bridges, benches, fountains and railings.
- Sculptures of different animals such as an eagle, a lion or an ox as well as a sculpture of an angel, which is now extinct. These four works form the symbols of the four evangelists.
To make this a real experience, you can get on the Tren del Ciment and stop at the Jardins Artigas, and discover much more about the Alt Berguedà on board a historic train.
LOCATION: Carrer del Ferrocarril, s/n – La Pobla de Lillet
SCHEDULES: Check the schedules here.
Do you want to discover all the secrets of the Artigas Gardens?
Discover all the activities you can't miss
The Serra de Collserola Natural Park is the largest green area in the metropolitan area of Barcelona, with more than 8,000 hectares of surface...More info
The city of Rubí presents a rich tangible and intangible heritage that will leave you amazed...More info
Terrassa, capital of the Vallès Occidental together with Sabadell, is a modern city with a rich cultural and artistic heritage to discover...More info
A space full of history of the mountain of Montserrat, its climatic conditions and the variety of native flora and fauna....More info
Discover one of the best examples of industrial modernism...More info